* There are 2 species of coffee - Arabica and Robusta. Arabica beans are higher grown and better quality. We only import Arabica beans at Hallowed Grounds.
* Coffee is grown in more than 80 countries located close the equator around the globe! We carry coffee from 20 different countries at Hallowed Grounds.
* Coffee is a fruit and each coffee tree produces 2 to 4 kilos of fruit per year. Each coffee berry contains 2 beans inside.
* Coffee beans contain more than 1000 different chemicals, including carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
* A hectare of coffee makes 86 pounds of oxygen every day - about half the production of the same area of rain forest! Breathe in and smell the coffee!
* An 8 oz. cup of brewed coffee provides 7 mg of magnesium, 116 mg of potassium and 5 mg of calcium.
* Coffee contains significant amounts of antioxidants.
* Coffee is the most widely consumed beverage in the world except for water.
* Caffeine causes a rise in metabolic rate.
So, as you can see - this wildly popular drink is more friend than foe! Drink up! Drink to your health! Drink to the environment! It's all good! Oh and make sure it's Hallowed Grounds Coffee that you drink;)!