Cooler weather is here & that means itz tea time 4 lots of folks! If you are not traditionally a tea drinker here are 10 good reasons you may want to take some time to try some teas!
1. Tea contains antioxidants that protect the body from the ravages of aging and the effects of every day pollutants in the environment. Yes, that means that tea keeps you young and healthy - who knew - the fountain of youth could be found in a cup of delicious tea! Drink up!
2. Tea has less caffeine than coffee - even black tea which has the highest caffeine content has only about 1/3 the amount for the same size cup of coffee, so if coffee gives you the jitters, causes indigestion or headaches or interferes with your sleep pattern - switch to tea or at least add some tea into the mix by drinking tea in the afternoon & coffee in the morning.
3. Tea can help reduce your risk of heart attack & stroke by assisting in keeping your arteries smooth & clog-free. a 6 year study from the Netherlands found a 70% lower risk of fatal heart attacks in people who drank 2 - 3 cups of tea daily compared to non tea drinkers.
4. Tea protects your bones just like milk does because of the beneficial phytochemicals found in both.
5. Tea gives you a sweet smile due to the fluoride & tannins that keep plaque at bay. Drinking unsweetened tea along with your daily dental routine of brushing and flossing will give you healthier teeth & gums!
6. Tea boosts immunity and helps the body fight infection.
7. Tea protects against cancer thanks to the polyphenols and antioxidants found in tea.
8. Tea helps to keep you hydrated contributing to the bodies need for fluids that is also an important component in maintaining a healthy weight.
9. Tea is calorie free unless you add sweetener or milk, so if u r looking for a satisfying, calorie-free beverage, tea is a top choice!
10. Tea increases your metabolism. Green tea in particular has been shown to increase metabolic rate so that you burn 70 to 80 additional calories per day just by drinking 5 cups - drink a cup when u get up and one with every meal plus one before bed & without changing your eating or exercising habits you will burn almost 100 calories per day! In a year that adds up to losing eight to ten pounds just by drinking tea. Add a 15 minute walk to that & you are well on your way to a healthier weight & a happier you!
So, Drink to your health today - drink tea - shop Hallowed Grounds where we have over 50 specialty loose teas to choose from!